Membership Is Our Strength
What are the benefits of COPRA?
Many improvements and protections of our pensions and other retirement benefits have come through the efforts of COPRA, a tireless advocate for City of Phoenix retirees:
- Pension Equalization Program (PEP) – Increases your pension annually after the first three years of retirement if funds are available, thanks to a COPRA proposal passed by the City’s voters.
- The “Thirteenth” Check – That extra check in December is normally at least 1% of your gross annual pension if funds are available, thanks to the passage of a COPRA proposal that put a proposition on the ballot.
- Increase for Long-term Retirees with Minimum Pensions – Those who retired prior to 1989 got a long-deserved pension increase in February 2000 due to a COPRA proposal to the voters.
- An advocate whenever you have a problem with or question about retiree benefits. The COPRA Board, COPRA’s representative on the City of Phoenix Retirement Board, and Health Insurance Task Force are there for you.
- Nine times yearly you receive the COPRA CHRONICLE filled with valuable retiree news.
- Social activities abound and friendships are enjoyed during the general meetings, activities and educational events.
COPRA’s continued success depends upon your active membership!
Annual dues are $12.00, and COPRA has a special membership offer that provides a 5-year membership for $50.00.