We hope you find this site useful with quick access to vital information for managing your retirement lifestyle. In the future you will find important announcements and updates affecting City of Phoenix Retirees here on this page. If there is something you would like to see, or comments you would like to make, feel free to contact a board member by email or telephone.
- The 2021 Community Service fund Drive is scheduled to ends October 15, 2021 – The City is once again partnering with Valley of the Sun United Way in its annual campaign where City employees and retirees give back to the community—supporting organizations that give back to families and individuals, including helping other phoenix employees through the HOPE Fund. The CSFD Executive Committee is counting on your generous support again, and thanks you for your continued generosity. If you have any questions, please contact the City of Phoenix Human Resources Department at email@example.com or at (602) 534-6371. Additional information and a pledge form can be found in the September Chronicle.
- The COPRA BOARD will have several vacancies at the end of 2021 and will be seeking new members. COPRA is an important organization that is always working diligently to develop, promote and carry out activities for the benefit of COPRA members and ALL City of Phoenix retirees. Many of the improvements and protections of pensions and other benefits have come through the efforts of COPRA. Please consider becoming part of this Committee. More information to come in the October Chronicle.
- All in person COPRA Board Meetings and Membership Meetings have been cancelled until further notice.
COPERS IS PROTECTING YOUR BENEFITS AND PERSONAL INFORMATION – Click here for more information
- Check out the October Chronicle for your COPRA President’s message and other valuable information. Click Here
- 2022 Open Enrollment is coming! Starts on October 28 and closes on November 12, 2021.
- For Benefits information, look for your 2022 Retiree Benefit Guide (coming soon in the mail) or available now at www.phoenix.gov/hr/benefits; The Guide will explain: How to attend an upcoming virtual Open enrollment Session, Qualified City Contributions for Medicare Supplement Plans; How to enroll through AARP/UnitedHealthcare. Questions? Call the City Benefits staff at (602) 262-4777 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nationwide Retirement Systems will be providing retirees with another opportunity to participate in a webinar specifically for City of Phoenix retirees. The next webinar will be held on Thursday, November 18th, 2021Geared toward your life in retirement, this seminar will give you strategies, tools and resources to help you stay on track. Covered topics include Required Minimum Distributions, Roth 457, and Roth conversions. To register, please email Christina Lessard at Lessac1@Nationwide.com.
- Steps to change your Federal and State Withholding Taxes in eChris – Click here for Instructions
Membership Is Our Strength
Congratulations on your retirement from the City of Phoenix. The City of Phoenix Retirees™ Association (COPRA) Board would like to personally invite and encourage your participation in COPRA. As you may know, the COPRA board works diligently to develop, promote, and carry out activities for the benefit of retired City of Phoenix employees. Many improvements and protections of our pensions and other retirement benefits have come through the efforts of COPRA, a tireless advocate for City of Phoenix retirees. Come join us.