We hope you find this site useful with quick access to vital information for managing your retirement lifestyle. In the future you will find important announcements and updates affecting City of Phoenix Retirees here on this page. If there is something you would like to see, or comments you would like to make, feel free to contact a board member by email or telephone.
- The COPRA General Membership Meeting will be held virtually again this year. The meeting will be held on Friday, December 10, 2021, from 10 AM-12 PM. We will be voting for candidates for open Board seats (information and bios in the November Chronicle). We have also invited special guests to provide informative presentations. We normally would have the meeting in conjunction with our holiday luncheon, however; we are disappointed to announce that we will not be having the luncheon for the second year in a row due to the pandemic and limited crowd seating. We will be hosting the General Membership Meeting on Zoom, a video and audio platform for our members to connect to the meeting. To ensure the meeting is as secure as possible, we are asking members to please pre-register for the meeting by November 19, 2021. If you have a computer and email, please send your request to: email@example.com with, ‘General Membership Meeting Registration’ in the subject line. We will follow-up with a link to the meeting. Computer users will be able to choose a video or audio-only connection. If you do not use a computer, please contact COPRA President Rob Sweeney at 480.215.2215 and we will get you an audio-only connection.
- All in person COPRA Board Meetings and Membership Meetings have been cancelled until further notice.
- COPERS IS PROTECTING YOUR BENEFITS AND PERSONAL INFORMATION – Click here for more information
- Check out the November Chronicle for the President’s message, board election information, and other valuable retiree updates. Click Here
- 2022 Open Enrollment ENDS November 12, 2021. As in the past, open enrollment is a passive process. If you don’t want to make any changes, you don’t need to do anything. If you want to make any changes, you must do so no later than 5:00 p.m. on November 12th. Please refer to your Benefits Guide, which was mailed in mid-October, for details. The guide is also available on-line at www.phoenix.gov/benefits. If you have any questions, the City Benefits staff is there to help. You can call them at 602-262-4777 or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- COPERS NEWS – There will be no 13th check in 2021. The “13th Check” is one of the components of the Pension Equalization Program as explained in more detail in the November Chronicle. This information and explanation was also emailed to retirees in late October.
- Nationwide Retirement Systems will be providing retirees with another opportunity to participate in a webinar specifically for City of Phoenix retirees. The next webinar will be held on Thursday, November 18th, 2021Geared toward your life in retirement, this seminar will give you strategies, tools and resources to help you stay on track. Covered topics include Required Minimum Distributions, Roth 457, and Roth conversions. To register, please email Christina Lessard at Lessac1@Nationwide.com.
- Steps to change your Federal and State Withholding Taxes in eChris – Click here for Instructions
Membership Is Our Strength
Congratulations on your retirement from the City of Phoenix. The City of Phoenix Retirees™ Association (COPRA) Board would like to personally invite and encourage your participation in COPRA. As you may know, the COPRA board works diligently to develop, promote, and carry out activities for the benefit of retired City of Phoenix employees. Many improvements and protections of our pensions and other retirement benefits have come through the efforts of COPRA, a tireless advocate for City of Phoenix retirees. Come join us.